On Grace and Strength diet this was one of my favorite dishes I made! I would eat it alone or on top of one of my Grillers Chick’n Patties. I got inspired to make this while I was perusing Pinterest and saw a Coleslaw burger and was thinking that sounded so good but what could I do to make it while I was on the diet. This was what I came up with.
Curried Apple Coleslaw
- 3.5 oz cabbage
- 1 apple (I preferred Granny Smith)
- 1 TB lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp curry powder (more or less to taste)
- Chop cabbage up finely and then slice the apple into little chunks. Put together in a bowl
- Pour the fresh squeezed lemon juice on top and then sprinkle on curry.
- Mix together and eat and ENJOY!
We made this for a huge school picnic as my mom is a cafeteria director and people really liked it. Was odd to make it for like 100 after making it for me only. This is great to bring to picnics so you can stay on protocol and still contribute!
Also, I preferred purple cabbage as it was more appealing to the eye and we eat with our eyes first. I only had green cabbage though when I took my picture
Hope you enjoy!